Thursday, October 1, 2009

Midnight WeePee

Last night DS woke up around 2 a.m., which is not unusual. He usually only wakes once in the night - I feed him and he falls right back to sleep. So last night, when he woke, I assumed it was business as usual. But once he'd eaten, he was acting just a little bit different. He wasn't crying or fussy, just more alert than usual. I laid him in his crib, and started to go back to bed, when I thought, "Maybe he's got to go to the bathroom." I worry about taking him into a lighted bathroom in the middle of the night because I don't want to get him all riled up so that he won't go back to sleep. But last night I decided to take him in and see if he'd go. As soon as I held him over the toilet, he pooped. It was my first nighttime catch. He went right back to sleep, and so did I. I really feel like we are making progress. DS on letting me know he's got to go, and me on understanding him.

No comments:

Post a Comment