Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Worth the effort

This last week has not been a particularly good one for elimination communication in my home. I think it started because I got sick, and I got lazy. Plus the kid is getting kind of heavy and I was in a weakened state. So all I was trying to do was catch DS's #2s. He is usually pretty consistent (after breakfast) so it wasn't really all that hard. After that, I would occasionally try for a #1, but generally I just left him in a diaper. Then he got sick, and the #2 became less predictable. So I was watching a little more closely, but he was also little loose, and I missed a few. And man, do I dislike cleaning up a missed #2. And I don't mean it was "missed" and ended up all over the floor or anything. I just mean he pooped in his diaper. Now that I'm used to not cleaning up sat-upon baby poop, cleaning up after an in-diaper poop is really quite a drag.

Which brings me to this realization. The small amount of effort required to get your baby accustomed to going #2 in a toilet is so worth the payoff of avoiding the post-poop wipe down. Seriously. Hold your baby over a toilet. It's worth it, I promise. DS is no longer sick, and we are back to a #2-in-the-toilet routine. I may qualify as the world's laziest part-time ECer, but I don't clean up poop. (Very often.) Just something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment