Thursday, August 27, 2009

He peed in the potty!

DS peed in his new potty chair! We ended up buying an apple green BabyBjorn Little Potty, which seems to be the EC community's baby potty of choice. We received the potty in the mail yesterday and I plopped DS down on it when he woke up this morning and lo and behold, he peed! That was our only success of the day, even though after that first pee I morphed from being an occasional EC'er to an obsessed one, springing into action after each meal and sudden change of facial expression to rip off his diaper, place him on his potty, and shout "shh, shh" in his ear.

Because of my zeal, he might be experiencing some stagefright (no BMs today) but so far he's not resisting sitting on the potty and seems to quite like it. There's nothing cuter than seeing your baby, who recently mastered sitting up on his own, hanging out on a plastic green potty. Apart from looking cute, DS seemed to enjoy the freedom of being unfettered from his diaper.

I'm not sure how long he'll be able to use this potty but currently at 29 inches tall and 20 pounds (7+ months old), the little potty is a perfect fit. Call me a wimp, but having DS sit on his own with a little support from me works a lot better than trying to lift him onto the big potty.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Way to go! I think success is completely intoxicating, and you want to catch more and more of the weepee opportunities. I'm sure this is just the beginning of some great EC.

    And you're not a wimp. I was just thinking about how ridiculous it is to hold DS over a big toilet, so I'm sure I'll have a baby toilet next time you see me.

    ReplyDelete